Artworks made of multiple elements are not new to the modern era but contemporary artists have pushed their direction and visual potential. Through conceptual, metaphorical, and experimental lenses, artists literally make one object, or one ultimate work, out of many pieces. Component Parts features a wide range of media and approaches—both two and three-dimensional—that expand this conversation.
Drawn from Racine Art Museum's (RAM’s) collection, the works in this exhibition are united by conceptual choices in presentation yet they reflect a variety of perspectives and subject matter—from cultural, historical, and domestic issues to material and formal investigations.
Please note that because this is a long exhibition that includes artworks made of fragile materials, some works—and therefore some artists—will be changed midway through.
- June 2, 2021 - February 12, 2022
- Recurring weekly on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 441 Main St., Racine Art Museum, WI
- Phone: (262) 638-8300
- Time: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Adults: $7 | Seniors (62 and up) and Students: $5 | RAM Members and Children (Under 12): FREE