This distinctive, landmark 8-foot statue is of President Abraham Lincoln giving his second inaugural address in 1865. Created by sculptor George E. Ganiere, it was given to the city of Burlington in 1913 and located on a triangle of land at State and Kane streets. The Burlington Historical Society cleaned and restored the statue in 1985. It was rededicated in 2014. In early 2016, the Lincoln statue made national news when vandals knocked it off its base. The statue was quickly restored and reestablished on a new base.