Open August 4 through July 22, 2018
Long-time friend to the Raciune Art Museum (RAM), Karen Johnson Boyd was an advocate for and collector of art who had a strong affinity for contemporary American craft. This Windows on 5th installation pays homage to her role in establishing RAM’s craft collection by featuring colorful, dynamic, large-scale ceramic work that she donated to the museum at various points over the years.
With works presented as if being pulled from crates or out of storage, this exhibition offers a playful take on building a collection, honoring a donor, and managing works of art while simultaneously providing a new viewing context for contemporary clay.
RAM is open Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 12 to 5 p.m. Closed Mondays and legal holidays.
- August 4, 2017 - July 22, 2018
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 441 Main St., Racine Art Museum, WI
- Phone: (262) 638-8300
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Adults - $5 Seniors (over age 62) - $3 Students - $3 Under 12 - Free (with adult - maximum of 3) RAM Members – FREE