Precious Metals explores our innate fascination with things that glisten and plays with notions of preciousness and material value. Mainly comprised of artworks made of precious metals, the show also features shiny objects made of other materials and other metals. This comparison is meant to draw attention to reasons why artists choose certain media.
Drawn entirely from RAM’s holdings, this exhibition offers a framework for looking at works that are visually compelling and thought-provoking.
RAM hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 12 to 5 p.m. Closed Mondays and federal holidays. The Museum Store closes at 4:45 p.m.each day.
- June 19, 2016 - October 2, 2016
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: 441 Main St., Racine Art Museum, WI
- Phone: (262) 638-8300
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Price: Adults - $5; Seniors (over age 62) - $3; Students - $3