Welcome to Chocolate City USA, home of Nestle and the city of Burlington Wisconsin. Join us for a beautiful run along the Fox River. NEW THIS YEAR is the addition of the 10K and New and improved route for both the 5K and 10K.
This years theme.... Viva Choco Vegas! So let's Rock 'N' Roll this Run Walk! Come dressed as the best Elvis Look-a-Like and we will have a special prize just for you!
STAY tuned for the 2019 Finisher Medal Reveal! This is going to be awesome!
Remember, What happens at Chocolate Fest, stays at Chocolate Fest... unless we put it on Facebook!
• Team Challenge Award (Best combined score of 5)
• Largest Team Award
• Chocoholic 5K T-Shirt
• A Goodie bag filled with special items
• CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE and more CHOCOLATE
• Racine's Original Famous Chocolate Danish Kringle
• Over 21? you'll get a FREE BEVERAGE at the LUCKY STAR PUB AND EATERY.
• NEW! - Try our Chocolate Beer brewed exclusively for the Chocoholic 5K - Available to 5K participants only.
But wait, there's more! After the run each participant will receive FREE admission to Burlington's Chocolate Fest.
This family-friendly event runs Friday, May 24 through Monday (Memorial Day), May 27 at the Festival Grounds, 681 Maryland Ave.
As usual, ChocolateFest has everything a chocolate fan could dream of! The Chocolate Experience tent includes a celebrity chef challenge (Friday), chocolate sampling, cooking demonstrations, chocolate eating contests, chocolate sculpting (Saturday and Sunday) and family games.
The Burlington Rotary Carnival midway opens Thursday (May 23) with free admission from 5 to 10 p.m. The high school battle of the bands runs from 6 to 9 p.m. and wristband ride specials are all evening.
ChocolateFest weekend also includes fireworks (Friday night), live music, helicopter rides, the Miss Burlington Area ChocolateFest pageant (Saturday afternoon), the All-American Lumberjack Show, hypnotist Chris Jones, Granpa Cratchet, petting zoo, commercial expo tent and more!
General admission: FREE for 5K Participants - $8 adults; $5 children 5 through 12; children 4 and younger, free. Chocolate Experience taster tickets: $7. Parking: $5.
Festival hours: Friday, 4 p.m. to midnight; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to midnight; Monday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Food and Drinks
We start your trip at Riverside Park in Burlington, which is located along the picturesque Fox River. You'll find parking, bathrooms and picnic pavilions at this lovely community park.
Chocoholic 5K Chocoholic 10K View All Course Maps
Directions to start:
To access the Burlington trailhead you must start in Riverside Park. Take State Route 11 west into Burlington. Turn right onto Bridge Street (SR 83), go over the bridge and turn right onto Congress Street to Riverside Park. The trailhead is at the end of the park off Congress Street. Parking is LIMITED here.
Parking is available throughout the Downtown Area.
Parking is very limited at Riverside Park. The side streets off of Congress St. will be closed due to the festival. We recommend finding street parking throughout Downtown or utilizing the parking structure on Dodge Street.
All participants will receive a custom finishers medal. Top three male and female will be recognized as well as the top three male and female in respective 5 year age groups. First 400 Registrants are guaranteed a medal on race day, late registrants will have their medal mailed to them.
• 9 and under
• 5 year age categories (starting at 10yrs old on up)
• T-Shirt is a Performance Blend Tee
• Race Day Agenda:
• 8:00 - 9:15 AM - Packet Pick Up
• 9:15 AM - Warmup and Lining Up
• 9:30 AM - Start of 5K and 10K
• Chip Timing:
• This event will be chip timed, including the start. Therefore, your time will not begin until you cross the start line. This will ensure the safety of all participants in the event, especially in the beginning where it can be most crowded.
• Packet pickup:
• Saturday May 25
• Hampton Inn Downtown Burlington from 6:00 to 7:30pm
• Sunday May 26
• Packet Pick up at Riverside Park 517 Congress Street, Burlington, WI
• 8:00 - 9:15 am
• Registration info:
• REMOTE RUNNER registration category is an option for participants who cannot attend the actual race but still would like to support the cause and receive the swag. Swag for virtual runners will be mailed out the week of the race. LEARN MORE AT: http://www.5kevents.org/remote_runners.html
• • General Registration
• $30.00 Expires 5/20/2019 8:00 AM
• • Youth Registration (Ages 0-15) - No Shirt
• $15.00 Expires 5/25/2019 7:00 PM
• • NO SWAG option (General) - No shirt
• $25.00 Expires 5/25/2019 11:59 PM
• • REMOTE RUNNER
• $35.00 Expires 5/31/2019 11:59 PM
• • Late Registration (9:30 am start)
• $35.00 5/21/2019 to 5/25/2019 9:00 AM
- May 24, 2019 - May 27, 2019
- Recurring every week day
- Location: 517 Congress Street, Burlington Chocolate Festival Grounds, WI
- Phone: (877) 570-4434
- Time: 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Price: Varies